Company: Mannings Surgical Supplies & Confucius Pharmacy
Site: New York, NY 10038
Salary: 16-20 an hour
Job type: Full-Time · Contract
Number of hires for this role: 3
Work Remotely: Yes
· Cantonese and/or Mandarin (Required)
· US work authorization (Required)
· High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Title: DMEPOS Patient Care Associate
The DMEPOS Patient Care Associate is responsible to sell and serve all customers including DMEPOS incoming orders from physicians, communicating with patients and physicians to obtain necessary information, training customers in the operation and maintenance of products we provide, ensuring customer satisfaction and quality assurance, and managing safety, security, and maintenance of all patient’s information.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. All aspects of customer service for patient care:
– processing intake and all necessary for forms for our DMEPOS products or services
2. Service patients and customers. Answer incoming phone calls take customer inquiries and orders. Respond and troubleshoot problem cases from patient inquiries. Serve as a liaison between the customers and the company.
3. Maintain open communication with patients and referral sources. Communicate with physician’s office to follow up or request for authorization or clarification of orders.
4. Pull and key order into the computer, keeping detailed records of patients. reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
5. Attend in-service training and group meetings regularly in order to be updated on all new DMEPOS and insurance regulations and compliance issues.
6. Evaluate the entire processing of patient care and all other related services. Recommend corrective actions when needed. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
7. Educate and train patients or caregivers on the operation and maintenance of DMEPOS products and provide information on how to inspect and monitor for complications for custom orthotics products.
8. Set up new patient files. Verify insurance. Process intake forms and all necessary forms for products or service delivery.
9. Market the company in a professional manner.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Education: Graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent.
1. Customer Service Experience, customer relation skills. Excellent telephone manner.
2. Basic computer skills
3. Ability to develop, organize, and coordinate paper flow.
4. Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and to work effectively with referral sources, patients, service agencies, co-workers, and management.
Continuous educations and training requirements
In service training on HIPAA, sexual harassment, infection control, appropriate Medicare billing information, prevention of billing errors, fraud and abuse, relevant product knowledge, satisfactory completion of relevant.
DMEPOS training courses available in trade, satisfactory annual job performance evaluation.
· Employee discount
· Flexible schedule
· Flexible spending account
· Health Insurance
· Paid time off
· 8 hour shift
· Day shift
· Monday to Friday
All customers and team members are required to wear a mask. Limited face-to-face patient contact. Work-from-home position available after training completion and demonstration of competence.